Who We Are
OneTribe Initiative is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Kaduna, Nigeria. We are committed to building sustainable and peaceful communities in Nigeria through initiatives focused on peacebuilding and conflict resolution, economic development, education, and health and nutrition.
Our mission is to promote a just and equitable society where every individual has access to opportunities and resources that enable them to achieve their full potential. We believe that sustainable development can only be achieved through a comprehensive approach that addresses the root causes of poverty, inequality, and conflict.
Our Aims & Objectives
These aims and objectives are not exhaustive, and OneTribe Initiative may have additional or different goals based on their specific priorities and context.
Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution:
- To promote dialogue and understanding in conflict-affected areas of Nigeria.
- To support conflict resolution efforts at the local level through mediation, peacebuilding, and community engagement.
- To promote peaceful coexistence and social cohesion through the promotion of human rights and social justice.
- To provide training and support for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and farmers to enhance their economic opportunities and improve livelihoods.
- To promote access to financial services and credit facilities for marginalized and underserved communities.
- To support job creation initiatives, particularly for women and youth, through the promotion of skills development, vocational training, and entrepreneurship.
- To improve access to quality education, particularly for children from marginalized and underserved communities.
- To support the development of learning infrastructure and resources, including the building of schools, provision of textbooks, and training of teachers.
- To promote girls’ education and gender equality through targeted interventions such as scholarships and mentorship programs.
Health and Nutrition:
- To promote access to quality health care services, particularly in rural and remote areas of Nigeria.
- To improve water and sanitation infrastructure to reduce the incidence of waterborne diseases.
- To promote nutrition education and support for vulnerable populations, particularly pregnant and lactating women and children under the age of five.
Our Core Values
OneTribe Initiative’s core values reflect a commitment to unity, respect, accountability, innovation, and community-led development. These values guide the organization’s work and inform its approach to addressing social challenges and promoting sustainable development in Nigeria.
We believe in the importance of empathy, compassion, and understanding in our interactions with others. We strive to listen to and learn from the perspectives and experiences of the communities we work with, and to develop programs and initiatives that meet their unique needs.
We are committed to upholding the highest standards of ethical conduct and transparency in all of our work. We hold ourselves accountable to our stakeholders, partners, and the communities we serve, and strive to build trust and credibility through our actions.
We believe that sustainable development and peacebuilding require collaboration and partnership across sectors and stakeholders. We work to foster strong relationships and partnerships with local communities, NGOs, government agencies, and other organizations to maximize our impact and achieve our shared goals.
We embrace innovation and new technologies as powerful tools for social change. We seek out new and creative solutions to address social challenges and strive to stay at the forefront of innovation in our programs and initiatives.
We are committed to promoting equity and social justice in all aspects of our work. We recognize the systemic inequalities that exist in our society and work to ensure that our programs and initiatives are accessible and inclusive to all members of the communities we serve.